Consultation on the day of procedure(s). What should I expect, with a permanent makeup appointment with Jane Adler?
What Happens at “Facial Art” by Jane?
Look for an artist with at least 5 years working experience, strong portfolio and clean work environment. Be sure they can answer all questions and do not make unreal promises. Each individual canvas dictates the outcome combined with the skill of the cosmetic tattoo artist.
It is also important to see proof of current “BBP” training. That is annual Blood Borne Pathogen training to stay current with all safety, clean protocol and OSHA standards.
Properly done permanent makeup is an enhancement of one’s natural features. It should never be trendy, too bold or out of safe protocol boundaries. A skilled artist will understand this. Working in the safe zones of the face is also crucial to how all work will age and move properly with each person’s bone structure as they mature.
Long term results will vary and color refreshers will range from 1 to 3 years. Once Jane’s client, all touchup work is done at a reduced rate over the years. This does not apply to new clients to Jane with previous work done by another. Meaning once Jane does the new work then it applies.
It is important to be honest with Jane on all paperwork and be clear if you have had any recent peels, laser work or fillers done to your face. Yes, Botox is filler. Ohhhh self tanners too!! www.janeadler.com
Does it hurt? Yes! But Jane will do all she can to keep you comfortable and feel very safe.
All clients must wait 45 days. I like to wait 6 to 8 weeks before they can get their follow up if needed. Skin must heal and go through the natural healing process. The second session would be to fine tune any discrepancies and is very common. This is a process!
Too Dark - Too Light - Just Right
- Arrive at schedule time and do all paperwork required. Everyone must be over 18 and have valid ID. Should be well hydrated, clean, eaten a nice meal and in comfortable clothing. Please no contact lenses (bring glasses), fake lashes, eye liner, lip liner, or other topical makeup prior to procedures.
- Consult wishes and go over all paperwork, etc.
- Take Before Pictures
- If getting brows or lips done to the design chair, then Jane will design your makeup to naturally compliment your bone structure
- Prep client and produce a single service tray setup. Each tray setup is for that individual and when finished all is disposed of and no supplies are ever re-used.
- Quiet down time and Jane will explain each step as it happens. No chit chat at this time. Each procedure has its own set of rules
- Do procedure
- Dispose of all tray set. All sharps are disposed of separately in a properly labeled container. All needles are pre-sterilized prior to use with EO.
- Take After Picture
- Review After Care
- Pay for procedure (any specials would be on main page of website if being offered)
- Schedule or discuss follow up procedure protocol